[ARSCLIST] network attached storage for a small studio

Hi All:

I'm seeking recommendations for a network attached storage device that requires little or no IT skills and can plug and play to back up the DAW and storage drives of a small studio (mine). 2TB total storage desired, preferably mirrored in a RAID. The key features desired are reliability and little or no IT skills required. I also need this thing "smart" enough to not start doing some disc-intensive job while I'm in the middle of a transfer or burning optical media. Something that uses off-the-shelf hard drives would be great, for inexpensive maintenance over time. Backup software should be robust enough to do good error-checking and verification.

Windows XP Pro is used throughout the network, so the device should be 100% compatible.

Recommendations/experience reports most appreciated and thanks in advance.

-- Tom Fine