[ARSCLIST] Audiovisual Self-Assessment Program (AvSAP) Update

Hello. The University of Illinois Library, with generous funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) is working on an assessment tool for audiovisual materials geared for both the expert and novice audiovisual preservation professional. The Audiovisual Self-Assessment Program (AvSAP) has benefited greatly from input from this list so we thought we would check in with an update. The AvSAP is still on track for a release in spring of 2010. We are knee-deep in programming at the moment and will be until this fall, when we plan to beta test the program on our test beds both on campus and off. In the spring of 2010, around the time we plan to release the AvSAP, we plan to have workshops and conference presentations about how to use the program and the project's history. In the meantime, we invite you to take a look at the AvSAP website for more information about the project: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/prescons/services/av_self_assesment_program.html

Thank you all for your input and your support!

--
Jimi Jones
Project Coordinator, Audiovisual Self-Assessment Program