Re: [ARSCLIST] 1937 shellac test pressing outperforms audio CD

The CBS test disc is STR-112 "Square Wave, Tracking and Intermodulation Tests"

--Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.

<SNIP>
I have most of the CBS test records.  Do you recall which
test track you observed the ringing upon?  Square wave
perhaps?  I may have to put that test record under the SEM
and see if I can reproduce the test results of that
publication.

It was a square wave test, but I don't know recall which record. This was 1971.

I've dreamed of having an SEM for a long time, but ... anyway.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.