Re: [ARSCLIST] Old reel to reel 'echo' problem

It's call print-through. If it's not covered suffciently on the internet, email me again.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frances, Melodie" <mfrances@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:25 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Old reel to reel 'echo' problem

All,

I am not even sure 'echo' is the correct term, but with our old reel to
reel tapes (and I have had this experience with personal cassettes),
there is this thing I am calling echo - where what the person says is
repeated at a fairly low level - you can usually only really hear it
when there is silence - and it is basically a repeat of what had just
been said - so not really a echo but more like a delayed repetition. Is
this a head cleaning problem? Or a problem that can be fixed? Does
anyone even know what I'm talking about, and if so, what is it called?

Thanks

Melodie Morgan Frances Head of Cataloging Graduate Theological Union mfrances@xxxxxxx 510-649-2521