Re: [ARSCLIST] PACKBURN 323A

Hi Jan,

When I was the Chief Audio Engineer at The Rodgers & Hammerstein archives we had a number of Packburns, and we never used them, because they sounded like shit, to put it mildly. Now a days with all the digital noise reduction programs out there why aren't you using that? Also why on earth are you using a RIAA curve on 78's?! You're missing most of the sound. A KAB pre-amp would be much better, even though I'm not crazy about the pre-set curves. The OWL 1 is way better to dial in the curves. Good luck finding one of those. Anyway toss the Packburn and the RIAA curve.

Adrian