Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for vintage open reel tape machine

--- On Sun, 3/8/09, Steven C. Barr <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would very much LOVE to assemble my blues band...and do a
> "live off the floor" recording using TWO mikes
> (for stereo) feeding
> an appropriate-vintage recording device...the point is to
> try and
> RE-create the "classic blues recordings" of past decades...!

That's the impression I got from this request.  This is a
special "time travel" project to do an album as was done
in the golden age of magnetic recording.  That's a
legitimate goal, and actually sounds like an intersting
thing to try.  And, obviously, modern-tech "synthesis"
of the resulting sound kills the buzz, at it were.