Re: [ARSCLIST] Einstürzende Neubauten

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
***Is it too much to ask that you look around and see what kind of building
you're in? Obviously it is not a short-term problem, though in some cases it
might be. Most archives cannot choose what kind of buildings they go into -- the
LoC's big move to Culpeper being a very recent exception -- and have to make
do with some second-hand structure not built for that purpose.***For the years I was curator of the recordings archive at the University of Texas the collection what housed (and still might be) in a building that was constructedover a natural spring. Right next to the shelves we had a sump pump installed...after the third time the floor flooded. I tried for over 20 years to get some better space, bKarl

I'm in a frame house, built c.1869...along with about 55,000 78's and one ecru cat!
So far, the 27.5 tons of shellac seem to have had no noticeable effect on the
structure (nor the cat...!?). My only worry is fire...?!