Re: [ARSCLIST] Einstürzende Neubauten

--- On Thu, 3/5/09, Dave Lewis <dlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

***Is it too much to ask that you look around and see what kind of building
you're in? Obviously it is not a short-term problem, though in some cases it
might be. Most archives cannot choose what kind of buildings they go into -- the
LoC's big move to Culpeper being a very recent exception -- and have to make
do with some second-hand structure not built for that purpose.***For the years I was curator of the recordings archive at the University of Texas the collection what housed (and still might be) in a building that was constructedover a natural spring. Right next to the shelves we had a sump pump installed...after the third time the floor flooded. I tried for over 20 years to get some better	space, bKarl