Re: [ARSCLIST] Muzak is bankrupt/mantovani

Is it just me? I honestly don't remember Mantovani being used as background
music in stores and elevators. While he is always lumped in with elevator
music by hipsters, the folks I remember listening to him did so at home
while they read or did their sewing. It was the same market as Percy Faith
and Bert Kaempfert.

(An interesting bit of trivia I recently learned is that a number of
Kaempfert's albums were made at Owen and Harold Bradley's Music Row studio
here in Nashville rather than in Germany as most of us assumed. They used
phone lines to the Ryman Auditorium to serve as an echo chamber.)

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com    http://www.thewombforums.com