Re: [ARSCLIST] Muzak is bankrupt

My older brother and sister used to joke 40 years ago that the Beatles would be heard on Muzak in 20 -30 years in the future, thinking that it would never happen. And yes, some of it these days does sound like the play list from one of my early 80's college radio shows.

One place I work at occasionally varies between 2-4 channels with choice available in every room, I think it might just be from cable radio channels wired to the in house system network. The last time I worked there they had classical, classic jazz mix, modern pop jazz mix, and rock mix which was varied from Metallica's new album to classic rock.

I was able to acquire a 3M Cantata background music player a few years ago which uses an endless cartridge of 2-8"  reels. By owning the tape, the owner got full rights to the music pre-paid for in store use, no more fees, though I'm sure the ASCAP or BMI trench coats would try to collect.

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009