From: Bob Olhsson <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Good idea, dumb business model so far -- soapbox
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

> -----Original Message-----
> From Tom Fine: ...the business model is dumb due to obviously too-high
> pricing.

The tech sector press keeps repeating this mantra yet the fact remains that
there is simply no evidence I'm aware of that reducing the price of
recordings increases sales volume. It isn't like this hasn't been tried
by
both retail stores and labels.

If you ask people what they think, they'll tell you everything on the
planet
is overpriced but when they actually want a recording bad enough to reach
for their wallet, the argument falls apart in the real world of commerce. In
fact most stores sell budget classics for a dollar ABOVE list price!

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com    http://www.thewombforums.com