From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of D P Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:32 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Common database/electronic library interchange
format ?

Hi.

Does anybody know (Google was not my friend, at least with what
"rubbish" I put in) if there is a common database/electronic
interchange format for linking electronic library collections?

I understand an institution may not be able to have a common database
format (fields etc) but there can be filters or things applied to make
it easy to share or link collection databases together. Does such a
thing exist?

Many thanks, Darren

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ +358 6 781 0275 (FIN) ¦ +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE) ¦ +44 203 014 3839
(UK) ¦
¦ extn 8001
¦