Re: [ARSCLIST] Muzak is bankrupt

I guess I always resented Muzak for cheapening music. Not because of the arrangements or the squashed dynamics but for the pervasiveness of it. I think that it made folks take something for granted that I've always considered to be something special.
I suppose it may have evolved from the old piano bars that drew like minded people to sing together. I never see those anymore and I think it's a great loss. Of course there's Karaoke and maybe it's a sign of the times. The piano bar always seemed to be about "us" and belonging, while Karaoke is all about me.
Enough with the soapbox?
Steve Koto