Re: [ARSCLIST] Current LP pressing plants in operation

Hi Matt

I posted a link to Peter's site last week.  After reading the PDF you posted
I would like to clarify one thing.

"King Records is now the sole remaining record-cutting facility still
operating in New Zealand. This is, ironically, due to the foolish and
infamous disposal of Radio NZ's pressing machines into the Cook Strait in
the late '70s".

The pressing machines were not Radio New Zealand's that ended up in Cook
Strait.  As urban legend has it, they were infact the presses from EMI's
pressing plant located in Lower Hutt, just north of Wellington, which closed
its doors suddenly in the early 1980's.

Cheers

A kiwi :-)