Re: [ARSCLIST] Converting Real Audio to wav

That's what I'm talking about! Link it to a Power-point presentation and you're cooking with gas!

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rice <daverice@xxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 4:10 pm
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Converting Real Audio to wav

When I was working at Democracy Now we had a few pieces of audio that only existing as Real Audio streams on remote servers. We used mplayer with the -dumpstream option, worked well and fast, allowed us to retain the original without transcoding. It's free and works as a command line tool on many platforms.?
?
mplayer -v -dumpstream rtsp://path/to/file.rm?
?
David Rice?
?
?