Re: [ARSCLIST] Magnetic Recording History (was OTR online?

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Lou Judson wrote:

> This discussion is very interesting - are any of the referenced
> documents easily available on the web? It is more or less casual
> curiosity for me, and I'd love to be able to read them if they are
> already posted that you know of.
>
> Thanks!
>
> <L>
> Lou Judson o Intuitive Audio
> 415-883-2689
>

> On Jan 2, 2009, at 3:42 PM, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:
>

> > These are essential reading, and they are in English. But there are
> > several
> > more.

----- the original AES paper by Mullin is - at a cost. I am unsure about my
letter and his response.

The war reparations reports: I could not say. After several years of
searching I bought mine as originals, and it is really ironic: they were once
made available at low cost to anybody who wanted them, they were microfilmed,
but 60 years seems to have taken its toll. As so much from public libraries,
this is the stuff that got thrown out. But I once visited the B.A.S.F.
headquarters in Ludwigshafen, and they had a complete set, 30 years ago . . .
. . .

I would think that you could shame any decent public library into obtaining
at least microfilm copies. I am writing this, not because you yourself need
them, but just to inform whoever might be interesting.

Kind regards,

George