Re: [ARSCLIST] STANFORD MUSIC SYMPOSIUM: REACTIONS TO THE RECORD II

I would like to add that in addition to the well known guests mentioned below, ARSC members may be interested to know of the following presenters at this symposium including, Jonathan Summers (British Library Sound Archive), Allan Evans (Arbiter Records), Jerry McBride (Stanford Archive), and Denis Hall.  The newly discovered 'mystery' 78 is a previously unknown private record made by an important singer from 1930 (which will be revealed after it is played!).  Jonathan Summers is bringing some of the unreleased cylinder recordings of violinist August Wilhelmj (from the 1890s), which is otherwise only possible to hear at the British Library.  The stunning Marston Records release of the Julius Block Cylinders will be sampled and discussed with our panel of experts to begin to contextualize the treasures of this find! Most of this will happen on Saturday, January 18th, although Allan Evans' exciting talk on musical 'archeology' (and restoration technology) will be Friday mornin!
 g.

Hope to see you there,

Kumaran Arul
Stanford University