Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD-R recommendations?

Jos Van Dyck wrote:
Kodak states for the new Professional Gold DVD-R media:
"Kodak professional discs have been tested under light and accelerated aging
to preserve 200 years with proper handling."
http://www.alkemy.eu/gold_professional_dvd.html

Do we trust a company which made the most vinegar syndrom-prone tape in the Western world? Or which is responsible for Eastmancolor which always fades to magenta? Or which made from the 40s thru the 70s print paper for Kodacolor film which always, without exception, turns yellow? (But as far as I know, Kodachrome is pretty damn good.)

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx

MPO (France) make gold DVD-R and DVD+R for libraries and archives.
http://www.mpo.fr/documents/catalogue/gamme_dvdr.pdf

Cheers,
Jos