[ARSCLIST] DVD-R recommendations?

I am preparing to archive a large number of 24/96 audio files to DVD-R. I am looking for recommendations for types and/or brands of DVD-R discs. Are gold discs worth the extra expense? Any particular manufacturers with proven track records for reliability?
With CDR media I have had good luck with Mitsui/MAM-A and Taiyo-Yuden, but I haven't done much work involving DVD-R to date.

Thanks,
Matt Sohn