Re: [ARSCLIST] Absolute Polarity

>Clark Johnson writes:...I don't think the phenomenon itself was recognized until the early Sixties,
>although surely many listeners knew something was "wrong" occasionally.

It was comon knowledge in broadcasting during the early 1930s and Bell Labs found nonlinearities in hearing that suggest there is no reason for polarity not to be audible.

Unfortunately almost everything about audio was purged from most engineering texts during the 1950s leaving us with a generation of engineers who considered the basics to be such common knowledge that there was little reason to publish anything who were followed by a generation who had little exposure to the subject other than in the hi fi press. Hence the wheel gets reinvented over and over.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com