Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

Clark's response:

Agree!

But also I must note a glaring discrepancy. Whereas you and I (and I'm sure
many others) think that the work done in the Golden Era (with Altecs, tubes,
ribbon mics etc.) far surpasses today's output, others here argue
that modern critical monitoring facilities provide an excellent and *
properly-designed* means to achieve quality recordings, a proposition
which I have questioned.

Or does it come down (once again) to good ol' conservative engineering
practice?

clatk