Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

--- On Thu, 10/16/08, Clark Johnsen <clarkjohnsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wrote:

> > Because a $1500 power cord is designed to separate a
> > sucker from his money.  That's pure marketing.
>
> You have data on that?
>
> Perhaps a study published in a reputable, peer-reviewed
> journal?

It's up to the party making the extraordinary claim to
produce the extraordinary evidence to back it up.  If
I contend the moon is made out of Cheez Whiz, it's not
incumbent upon my detractors to prove me wrong, its
incumbent upon me to prove my contention right.

> See, I can't quite decide what you dislike more, the
> price (admittedly high)
> or the very concept that a mere cord (!) could make more
> difference than "a transformer, or rectifier or
> filter".

It's the second.