Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
Bottom line, it's nearly impossible to know beyond question the micro-details of anything you don't experience yourself. "History" below a pretty high macro-level is usually just a glorified mythology, a compromise of competing filters and interpretations.

Worse yet...as I have often seen occur, and even in the odd case done myself...one's
own memory is NOT an absolutely accurate information source...! We often "remember"
what we WISH had happened...or, equally likely, forget the entire incident and make up
a "nice"...but INaccurate...story of what happened when later asked about it! And we
shall here omit the many folks who "lie like a rug" for their own personal reasons...?!