Re: [ARSCLIST] on record: presidential debates 1908 style

--- On Sat, 10/4/08, Steven C. Barr <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But, IIRC, Edison...the primary cylinder "label"
> of the first decades of the
> 20th century...didn't introduce "moulded"
> cylinders until 1908...?!

Well, if I look at an Edison cylinder container that says "Edison
Gold Moulded Records Echo All Over the World", the last patent
date is May 23, 1905.  If I look at a later container that says
simply "Edison Gold Moulded Record" the last patent date is April
23, 1907.  That suggests that the first container was used before
1907, doesn't it?  Or should I say, "doesn't it...?!"

Note that my method of dating is the opposite of the common
eBay practice of claiming that since the *first* date on the
earlier container is October 18, 1892, the record I have must
have been made in that year.  :-)