From: "Samara Freemark" <samara.freemark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: September 29, 2008 8:47:02 PM CDT
To: thedoctor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: An archive question

Dear Mr. Goldman,

My name is Samara Freemark. I'm a reporter producing for All Things Considered. I'm currently working on a series of pieces on historical presidential candidates.

I found your name in the ARSC membership directory, and I was hoping you might be able to offer me some advice. I'm looking for archival audio (or television, though obviously I only need sound) of the 1964 Republican National Convention. I was wondering if you might have any such audio, or if you might have any suggestions of places to look for it, and for news archives generally. I've looked through most of the obvious sources, including the UCLA archive, and haven't found quite what I'm looking for. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

All the best,
Samara

--
Samara Freemark