To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] revisiting tape bakers

At 07:03 PM 2008-09-27, Lou Judson wrote:
I have heard (secondhand) that the snackmaster type has rising air
without a fan (am I correct?)

No it has a pretty fast fan -- at least the FD-50 and FD-60 that I have.

thus gets hotter at the bottom reel
than the top.

Pretty constant throughout.

This is why I like the excalibur which forces heated air across all
reels equally... Agreed on safety of splices!

What is the Excalibur? I thought it was a sword -- but not the one stuck in an ash tree.

Cheers,

Richard