Re: [ARSCLIST] Advice needed on how to restore an old acoustic recording

First question!!!
Are you playing the disc  as if was a lateral recording ?  You need to   modify  the cartridge connections to play vertical recordings.
If you have not  modified the connections then you must do that before you think about stylus.
I have played vertical recordings withe .7 mil lp stylus, 2.5 mil tuncated and 4 mil truncated depending which gave the best reproduction.
To modify your cartridge connections (put the two coils in series) use the left  ground as ground. Use right + lead as the output lead.  connect  the L+ and the R- together/in series. This will give you a mono vertical output to your computer.
Hope this helps
dnward