To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 3:05 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Sad news about Dick Sudhalter and Decca archive

It is a sad day over at the 78-L and I am not going to cross-post what is over there, but just give you heads-up. Richard Sudhalter passed away last night. And there is now confirmation that the Universal vault fire consumed the entire Decca masters from the 30s thru the 50s. Metal, tape, test pressings, and paper.

There's no justice in the world.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx