Re: [ARSCLIST] Biltmore fans...

Biltmore advertised in The Record Changer, starting at least in Dec 1949. The records sold for 79 cents. If you do not have your own copies of this journal, you can see miniatures of some of the ads in the highly recommended book "The Cat on a hot thin groove."

Dick Spottswood wrote:
Most Columbia pre-WW2 jazz reissues derive from original metal parts, and post-war pressings are always dubs. I suspect that the post-war popularity of record changers prompted new pressings with lead-in and "improved " lead-out grooves that activated changer mechanisms more aggressively. Sometimes you can spot altered lead -out grooves on pressings from original metals.
I've seen some of them that show both the original and altered lead out grooves in a mish-mosh, but the needle will follow the new groove even if your eyes can't.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx