Re: [ARSCLIST] One-bit files

(Disclaimer: writing as someone that doesn't have experience with that particular Korg unit)

At 08:01 AM 8/27/2008, you wrote:
We've discussed how we can help him
backup the files he creates on this Korg, and believe the way to do it
is to offload the raw files from the recorder onto hard drive then LTO
tape, along with a 96 khz / 24-bit BWF rendering using the Korg
Audiogate software (I don't know that anything else can do it, and I'm
not terribly comfortable with this, but...).

You shouldn't be worried. It's a fairly well known process to convert one-bit to multi-bit PCM. PCM starts out as one-bit files to being with. But to put your mind at ease, read the Sigma-Delta Conversion and Noise Shaping chapter in Pohlmann's "Principles of Digital Audio" (a ubiquitous text for digital audio). It's chapter 18 in the fourth edition, but may be elsewhere in the current edition.