[ARSCLIST] Mobile storage motor interference?

Hi all,

We have most of our audio collections housed in powered mobile storage
units (Spacesaver Eclipse EC300). A colleague from another institution
recently mentioned that they had chosen manual mobile storage due to the
potential interference from the motor on magnetic-based audiotape. The
EC300 uses a 90VDC motor, 1/6HP, 5 amp max, 120VAC 60Hz. There is
approx. 3-4" between the motor and the lowest storage shelf. Is that
enough to cause interference with the audio signal?

Many thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Wise
Audiovisual Archives