Re: [ARSCLIST] RIAA EQ software

I'm also with Tom.  I get best results from decoding in analog prior to ADC.
Although "declickling" can be a lot easier when the transfer is done flat
(sans RIAA de-emphasis).   Nevertheless, the SNR into the ADC is far from
optimal when presented with such a skewed slope (as "flat" is definitely not
flat).   Also, I even tried the SonicStudio HD RIAA curve (which operates
with Andy Moorer's filter in a 48 bit engine) but the outcome was too dark.
It didn't sound right.  Better was actually using an unrecapped, 80's era
NAD receiver and chasing that with a Prism MEA-2 eq to correct for the
slight discrepancy between a pink track on the Cardas/Ricker lp and  true
"flat" response.  If you use a Disc washing system with vacuum you will get
a much cleaner transfer in the first place which will require much less
declickling.  So, I think that vinyl works best with analog transfer
equipment.  Ymmv.

Andrew