Re: [ARSCLIST] The Hope of Audacity...

At 09:36 AM 8/19/2008, Bob Olhsson wrote:
Many of us have been holding developers' heels to the fire on this issue for
a decade and great strides have been made by the most common pro developers.
A very simple, although obviously not conclusive test is to record a 16 bit
source in a 24 or 32 bit file and count the active bits that come out which
should still be 16, assuming dithering has been disabled for test.

Do you know of any paper--I would assume in the JAES--detailing the problem, progress, or lackthereof with hard science and data? Of course, I'm asking for something besides the previously mentioned talk George Blood gave at the conference this year.