Re: [ARSCLIST] ET help!

It sure sounds to me like you are better off attempting a transfer as it is, and removing the transient noise in post. My concern is how you clean it without making the situation worse. You might clean the laminte clear off of the substrate. It is a job that needs to be done very carefully.

joe salerno

Sammy Jones wrote:
I have come into possession of a Lux Radio Theatre lacquer ET. The program
is an adaptation of "Richelieu," broadcast on January 23, 1939, parts two
and four. The recording is an aircheck from WABC by Edwin Strong studios.

The lacquer has developed severe cracking starting on the outside edge, and
continues about halfway into the disc. As of yet, no grooves have actually
flaked off.

This show does exist in complete form elsewhere, but I think it may be the
West Coast version.  As my recording is checked off WABC in New York, it may
be a unique copy.

I'm a pretty good hand at transferring ETs, but the cracks in the lacquer
make this one a real challenge.  Is there any way of restoring these
grooves?  I thought of prying off some of the lacquer in chunks to glue back
in place, but I'm not sure the grooves would line up even then.

Any thoughts?

Sammy Jones