Re: [ARSCLIST] lp, cassette, 8-track cut-outs?

Steven C. Barr wrote:
-----
Check yer local "dollar store," folkses...?!

Another source I forgot about. I've found .. my old Intersound box sets split up as single discs..dl

Ah, yes...in Canada and Europe (but NOT in the US of A...?!), sound recordings
fall into the "public domain" fifty (and a bit) years from their being neutered...er,
"fixed"...!

The good news is that if you can prove that the offending party actually used
your transfer...you may well have a legal "case!!" The BAD news is that, if
you elect to dispute this matter, you will need a lawyer...and THEIR rates
start at about $300/hour, and rapidly go UP therefrom...!

In fact, the end of the world as we know it will NOT be nuclear warfare...
rather, it will be the last two lawyers left standing, in the ruins of what
USED to be a court-room , each trying to sue the other for a sum
of money...!

FEH?!?!

Steven C. Barr

Actually I meant the actual Intersound 4-CD box sets broken down as individual CDs, and this was in $1 stores in the States, not up here. In Canada I have indeed found my earliest Intersound CDs bootlegged by a crook named Tom Baldock, who was the original Canadian distributor for the label and who continues to peddle bad reproductions with ninth generation photocopies of the booklets, and in at least one case having dropped half the tracks (I found this in Honest Ed's). I have no hesitation in naming the bastard, but Intersound refuses to do anything about it and the legal costs would far outweigh anything I might get from suing him.

dl