Re: [ARSCLIST] lp, cassette, 8-track cut-outs?

At 11:54 AM 8/15/08, you wrote:
Can anyone explain why certain LP's used to have a "cut-out hole" in them, usually in the upper right or left portions of the album cover? Did this also apply to 8-track tape cartridges as well?

Boy... do I feel old now....

Discontinued stock, sold cheap at your favorite record store. Man, do I miss those days of rummaging around in the cut-out bins. Found some great stuff there, and it was worth the gamble of a few spare dollars.

I never saw 8-tracks or cassettes with cut-out holes... would have probably damaged the housing too much & they were functionally dicey at best.