Re: [ARSCLIST] Scarlatti Orchestra: Info needed please

Steven Smolian wrote:
This could be early enough to be in Record Ratings.

Steve Smolian

I gotta find a later edition. Highest Angel # in my copy is 35081.

dl

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:10 AM Subject: [ARSCLIST] Scarlatti Orchestra: Info needed please

I have this album in one of Angel's generic jackets (i.e. plain cover, titles pasted on, no liner notes). Can anyone supply info on the Tartini and Lully works? The Cimarosa is obviously the Oboe Concerto arranged by Arthur Benjamin.

CIMAROSA: OBOE CONCERTO; TARTINI: CONCERTO #58; LULLY: BALLET SUITE
ORCHESTRA ALESSANDRO SCARLATTI conducted by FRANCO CARACCIOLO; SIDNEY GALLESI, oboe (tracks 1-3)
ANGEL 35255 (Recorded in Naples, 1955)

DOMENICO CIMAROSA: CONCERTO FOR OBOE AND STRING ORCHESTRA 1. i. Larghetto; ii. Allegro 2. iii. Siciliana 3. iv. Allegro giusto

GIUSEPPE TARTINI: CONCERTO No. 58 IN F MAJOR
4.  i.   Allegro
5.  ii.  Molto adagio
6.  iii. Minuet
7.  iv.  Allegro