Re: [ARSCLIST] The end of the cassette ? ? ?

How else would people upload all those old VHS tapes to YouTube ?These  have been sold in Japan for a while.

                                                Roger
--- On Wed, 7/30/08, Richard L. Hess <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Richard L. Hess <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The end of the cassette ? ? ?
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 7:57 PM

Hello, Steve,

We're starting to see these devices. There are some new developments
that I'd like to see some first-hand reports on.

http://www.tracertek.com/ccp0-prodshow/USBCass.html
This is a USB cassette deck.

There is also a USB VHS deck
http://www.tracertek.com/ccp0-prodshow/USBVCR.html

And even a USB/Compact-Flash TURNTABLE
http://www.tracertek.com/ccp0-prodshow/flashturntable.html
I don't like the marketing that accompanied this announcement in the
email newsletter:
"Imagine going to a friends house, recording his favorites and taking
them home in your shirt pocket."

Then, for ministries and other large collectors of voice-grade
cassettes, there is a high-speed USB to PC tool from Graff of Newark LTD (UK).
http://www.graffofnewark.co.uk/digitiser-c-8.html
There are two models: a mono and a stereo one...and here's the TFWM
review (where I first saw this device):
http://www.graffofnewark.co.uk/pdf/Digitiser%20Review.pdf

So, we do have some market penetration of specialized tools for
cassette migration.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx