To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The end of the cassette ? ? ?

I just did a search for cassettes on Amazon.com and got 177,692 results.

I do have a question about cassettes. Many of us still have hundreds of cassettes. Our sole interest is in listening to the cassettes or transferring them to CDs or computer files.

I am surprised that no one seems to make good playback equipment which does not record. Surely there would be a number of advantages to such machines. Cheap playback machines were often found in the early days of the cassette.

SA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>