Re: [ARSCLIST] Orchestras of the World transcriptions

I believe I have some on tape - Mackenzie lists it as a 1951 series, and
cites 13 as the highest issue number in the series, if I read correctly

There was also Orchestras of the Nation and Orchestras of the West.

John, do you have a list of the selections/performers on your transcriptions?

joe salerno

John Ross wrote:
Does anybody have information about a series of 16-inch transcription discs called "Orchestras of the World; Produced by the Economic Cooperation Administration"? Probably from around 1950.

They're fully produced radio programs of performances by European orchestras (BBC Symphony, Vienna Philharmonic, RIAS, Concertgebouw, Suisse Romande, Radio Eireann Symphony, etc etc.) with introductions and "intermission" interviews related to postwar economic development.

Are these things taken from commercial recordings or from domestic live concert or studio broadcasts? Are they documented anywhere?

John Ross