Re: [ARSCLIST] Scotch Master 90 Cassette sticking

Thanks to all who gave advice on this (I get the digest so I haven't seen
messages sent today yet).

?

Moving the tape to a new shell did the trick. I did this for three Scotch
90s that were sticking, moving the tape?to three different brands of
shell--Maxell, TDK and Fuji?(all of which have rotating guide wheels)--and
all seemed to play the older tape just fine, even though they are constructed
somewhat differently.

?

As an experiment I put the tape from one of the new shells into one of the
"bad" Scotch 90 shells, and that seemed to work too! I assume that the shell is
the basic problem however and that it's best not to use this for fresh
recording.

?

The next challenge will be to move all these cassettes to digital, which I
dread. (They are for listening, not preservation)

?

Tim