Re: [ARSCLIST] a different ATR-102 :-) (Rim Drive Recorders)

At 11:59 PM 2008-05-28, Dave Nolan wrote:

Does anyone know of any other good writeups on rim drive recorders?  This
website has more than I've seen elsewhere...
http://www.radiophile.com/recorder.htm

A good writeup on the scourge foisted upon an unsuspecting public? Am I too vitriolic about rim-drive recorders that have cheated people out of good solid memories of their ancestors?

Even the author of the above page recognizes the fact that these were toys...ok, but too many people used them to record family memories that exist nowhere else and unless there is hum on the tape we need to guess at the correct speed.

Fortunately, with fresh batteries and operating well when new, the speed is fairly stable and the speed trajectory is somewhat predictable and can be compensated for in the DAW.

Cheers?

Richard