[ARSCLIST] Fw: [ARSCLIST] Victor / Columbia sales figures for Greek 78s; Sotirios Stasinopoulos

Some sales figures exist at Victor for pre-'33 releases, but their meaning
isn't entirely clear.  Eventually I'd like to get them all onto the
still-growing Victor database, including the Greeks along with everyone
else.

I've never seen any info about Sotirios, but I once saw a postwar 12" 78
with his photo on the label!

Dick

----- Forwarded by Dick Spottswood/dick/AmericanU on 05/18/2008 07:21 PM
-----

Ian Nagoski <iannagoski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
05/18/2008 02:03 PM
Please respond to
Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>

ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Victor / Columbia sales figures for Greek 78s; Sotirios
Stasinopoulos

two unrelated questions:

Does anyone know of a source for sales figures for Victor or Columbia's
Greek ethnic music releases of the 10s - 30s?  Clearly, they were selling
lot of records, and although I sometimes see figures for the country and
blues series, I have yet to see any information of how many copies of any
record sold as part of the Greek series.  Thoughts?

Is there any biographical information for Sotirios Stasinopoulos, who
recorded a lot of 12" discs for Victor, Columbia and Okeh in the 20s? I've
got nothing...

bests,
Ian