Re: [ARSCLIST] Saving large files in Sound Forge *

Hi, Martin,

Sony has a Wave64 file format that breaks the 2 GB barrier. WaveLab and Samplitude both use the RF64 spec which appears to be the preferred standard. I think WaveLab can also read and possibly write the Wave64 format as well.

Samplitude and possibly some other software subscribed to an automatic file-splitting protocol where subsequent files were named .W01, .W02, etc. That was seamless, but RF64 has made that obsolete. Wavelab does not read this file-splitting protocol.

I think we should try and standardize on the RF64 format. I have not studied where all this is standardized, but EBU is a good place to start.

Cheers,

Richard