Re: [ARSCLIST] non-book CDs

What software do you use for putting 44.1/24 files onto CDs?

Steve Smolian

Personally, I use PrimoDvd from Primera, (which also carries a Sonic TM), since I use a Primera Bravo II Disc Publisher (using a Plextor 715-A) for my copies. I drag the WAV files into the project window, and burn a data CD. It is perfectly possible and accepted practice to make 24/44.1 CDs, they just will be Data CDs, and will not be playable on a conventional CD player. They won't be "CDs'" in the common sense of the term, but they are on CD-Rs. There is no way to make a Redbook CD at 24/44.1, since 16 bits is an integral part of the spec (please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read the Redbook for a while, or , um, never) I suspect this is common knowledge, but the fact seems to be obscured in the discussion.
There are any number of readers (free and otherwise) that will play WAV files from a data disc, so playability is not a problem unless all you've got is a CD player, in which case, you're in dire straits indeed.