Re: [ARSCLIST] non-book CDs

     Quite write!  (lol)   Seriously, Alesis Masterlink 96's can write 24/96
files to R-CD (recordable CD - a CD-R is a CD-recorder, right?)...  Anyway,
as mentioned, they cannot be read by a conventional CD-P, which are normally
only capable of reading Red Book-compliant streams, but a PC can read the
Masterlink disc as if it were an ordinary ROM-CD.  On a computer, you drag
and drop the file to a hard drive and then open it in a DAW.  But with the
MasterLink, you can insert the disc and "push play."
    If you try to record a 24 bit/44.1k FS file to R-CD in something like
Toast, if it lets you, that is, you will be truncating bits 17-24 on the
fly.  This is, of course, undesirable, under normal conditions.

Andrew