To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] One more discography question

Savoy claimed to own everything of Obie's at one point. A highly dubious claim, I believe, based on his having licensed a few old Crown sides to them in the 40s. I think whoever last owned the assets of Pickwick (which at one point belonged to Intersound, who SOLD THEM OFF JUST BEFORE I STARTED PRODUCING REISSUES FOR THEM, the idiots) has a more valid claim. Who was putting out those ghastly Simitar CDs of Louis Prima a few years ago?

dl

Dave Weiner wrote:
A related question is, who owns what was Majestic nowadays?

-- Tom Fine

Isn't it Savoy? They at least issued the Majestic Mildred Baileys on CD.

Dave W.