To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: Sticky AGFA PEM 469

Hi Parker:

Regarding this page:
http://www.recordist.com/ampex/docs/misc/sticky-shed.html

I think Ampex tape was sticky past the mid-80's, despite some Ampex claims. As I understand it, 406/407/456 was likely to go sticky into the early 90's. Some say ALL of these tapes will eventually go sticky. I have 456 and 406 and 457 from the late 90s and early this decade and so far no problems with sticky. But, it's early ...

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Parker Dinkins" <parker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>