Re: [ARSCLIST] NY Times: Researchers Play Tune Recorded before Edison

--- Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some of the DDs were pretty good.Of course I have only heard high
> condition copies.Others can correct me on this,but I think what did
> Edison in,in the end,was the fact his discs could not be played on
> oter maker's machines.

Edison, after extended lobbying by his son, did eventually
relent and produce laterally-cut records ("78s") but the
effort was too late to save the company. Actually, Victor and
Columbia failed at about the same time Edison did, but they
benefitted from radio companies that bought them out.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx