Re: [ARSCLIST] Warped 12" 78's -- is there a cure?

Tom Fine wrote:

Wouldn't ya know it. Several probably-unplayed 12" 78 albums. Alas, all the discs are badly warped, to the point of being noticeably "bowled". Is there any cure? I was thinking stack them, bowl-sides the same way, sleeved, between two small piles of 16mm film cans, maybe 8-10lbs on top. Or is this a hopeless cause?

... Yes, there is a safe, reliable, repeatable way to flatten them... I've done it successfully many times. If you want to talk about it, telephone me some time... the number is on my website noted below.

Stacking them the way you suggest is a good way to break them.

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.